Blackberry smoothie dessert
This treat is perfect for when you need something cold and sweet, but without the preservatives and extra added sugars. You can eat this as a thick smoothie or freeze it for later. The recipe only has a few ingredients - all you really need is a high-powered blender. I use this Ninja Blender. It’s not the newest model, but it’s cheap(er) and still does the job. Keep reading for the recipe!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (frozen works too)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1 frozen banana, pre-sliced
- handful of cocoa nibs (optional)
- Slice and freeze banana ahead of time.
- Mix blackberries, banana, and almond milk in the blender on medium to high setting until its thick and smooth. Add more almond milk as needed.
- Top with cocoa nibs (optional). Serve right away or freeze for later. If you are saving it for later, add a lid and make sure to take it out about 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat it. Enjoy!