Arugula, quinoa, & chickpea salad
Arugula, Quinoa, & Chickpea Salad
with stone ground mustard dressing
This meatless salad is packed with protein! (35g to be exact!) Chickpeas are an excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber, and are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. This is one of my favorite salads because it’s so simple to make and doesn’t require any cooking if you prep the quinoa ahead of time. The main sources of protein are chickpeas, quinoa, and hempseed. Swap out the other toppings for another vegetable or just eat it as is. Either way, you’ll be getting a full serving of protein each time. Keep reading for the recipe!
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 7.5 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 radish, sliced
- 1 tbsp hempseed
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Cook quinoa according to directions on the package.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and serve! Top with your favorite dressing or try the stone ground mustard dressing below!
ingredients for dressing:
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and pour over salad! Enjoy!